Mo’ Clean, Mo’ Problems
The top 10 common errors in keeping COVID-Clean
The proper chemicals are vital to keeping a clean (and pretty) space.
The coronavirus pandemic has reinforced the importance of not only cleaning your kitchen equipment, but sanitizing. Sanitizing your commercial kitchen safety can be as easy as two simple steps:
- Dilute too much – surface rust
- Use a Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish
- Using “homemade” bleach water“
Contrary to popular belief, stainless steel is susceptible to rusting. If using a homemade sanitation process such as bleach water, your equipment’s invisible passive film will oxidize and be susceptible to rust. See below for some examples of equipment damage due to improper sanitation practices:
Below are a few simple practices to prevent stainless steel rust:
- Use the proper tools (soft cloths)
- Clean with the polish lines (scrub with the grain)
- Use alkaline, or non-chloride containing cleaners (see below)
- Treat Your Water – Speak with Zink Foodservice about a water filtration system to prevent rusting on all equipment
Luckily, Nyco Products has everything you need to properly clean, sanitize, and polish in two simple steps. Simply:
- Spray & Wipe with Nyco Sani-Spritz a one step disinfectant cleaner. Sani Spritz kills SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 in 3 minutes.
2. Spray & Wipe with Nyco Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish. Use on polished or brushed stainless steel to remove finger marks, greasy prints and resist future finger marking.